Welcome to Episode 3 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome Ben Sherman to the show. Together, they discuss the role of AI in finding patterns in data, the magic of workflows, image analytics, the top 3 skills of a computational scientist, and how to become a Groovy coder.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q5kSRbg2w1M
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 3 (00:00)
- AI Eyes Find Patterns in Data (02:45)
- Feltus + GTA + AI = Tumor Genomics (06:00)
- Welcome Ben to the Show (07:30)
- How Did You Get into AI and Bioscience? (11:32)
- Magic of Workflows | Ben’s Dream Job (15:30)
- Workflow Managers = Next Generation of Code (18:28)
- How Hard is it to Use Workflow Managers? (21:14)
- “Groovy” Nextflow Programming Language (25:49)
- Nextflow Tower is an Onramp to the Cloud (29:38)
- BioScience Research is Troubleshooting (31:50)
- AI Applications for BioSciences (36:04)
- Image Analytics is Common Denominator for AI Applications (46:04)
- Top 3 Skills to become a Computational Scientist (48:09)
- What is a BioHacker to You? (54:30)
Enjoy the Show!